Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These amazing scones can be eaten any time of the day. After playing around with a couple of scone recipes I came up with these "can't get enough" Scones. The apricot honey butter is a absolute tasty bit of creamy deliciousness. Share these mouth watering melt in your mouth delights at your next brunch or treat the office team. They will love you for it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup of chopped pistachios
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cherry craisins
- 1 large orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for topping)
apricot honey butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter (butter is fresher tasting) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (butter is fresher tasting)
- 1 -2 tablespoon of raw wild natural honey
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, pistachio's, chopped cherry crasins, and orange zest together. Cut butter into small chunks and mix with dry ingredients. Use pastry cutter or fork and cut butter into dry ingredients until texture resembles course cornmeal. Mix milk, egg, and oranges together. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until mixture pulls away from the sides. If mixture seems a little wet add a little more flour until it pulls away easily. Pour dough unto floured surface and knead 11 times. Remove dough carefully and place on cookie sheet forming a circle. Do not over handle the dough! Cut into 8 slices but don't separate pieces. Sprinkle with sugar and bake in oven until golden brown about 15-20 minutes. Serve warm with Apricot Honey Butter (recipe below).
- In small bowl whip butter until light and fluffy. Mix in honey and preserves by hand until blended. Adjust taste by adding a little more honey and preserves if necessary. Spread on warm scones. Store in air tight container in refrigerator.