Recipe by Oolala
Just as it sounds.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Great citrus flavoring enhances the asparagus. I used pecans instead of pistachios since I had them on hand. I loved the flavor and the crunch of the nuts. I accidentally omitted the orange zest since I was distracted with making three Zaar recipes at once. Made for Zaar Alphabet Soup Game Tag,
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam asparagus until crisp tender and keep warm.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook nuts in butter for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add orange juice and orange peel and heat through.
- Pour over the asparagus and sprinkle with a dash of pepper.
- Garnish with orange slices.