Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe starting with a cake mix. My daughter gave this to me years ago. It could be used as a coffee cake, too.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nuts together and set aside.
- Mix the cake mix, pudding, eggs, sour cream, oil, food coloring, and almond together.
- Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes; scrape and beat another minute.
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter in the pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the sugar mixture and then put another layer of batter, and another layer of sugar.
- Top with batter.
- Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes or till done.
Very tasty. This is our favorite for a pistachio cake. Makes a nice appearance and easy to make.
i first made this cake cake in 1978 and it quickly became a family must for all get togethers. i had made it for 30 yrs then stopped baking. had the recipe and lost it in a fire. thank you so much for not forgetting such a great recipe. now I can pass it down to my Grandchildren. it was funny but my family asked me this Thanksgiving to make it , I remembered everything except the amt of sour cream and almond extract. thanks for helping restart a continueing family tradition