Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
An easy recipe to die for. Nice and light and you can change it up with different flavored puddings if you don't care for pistachio.
- 2 -3 1⁄2 ounces Jell-O pudding mix
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 tablespoons hot coffee
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar (approx)
- 1 teaspoon Karo syrup
- Thaw one package puff pastry. Cover work space with thinly spread flour. Unfold the of puff pastry and cut along the folds for 3 pieces and decide how large you want your napoleons. Can cut into 3, 4 or 5 pieces. Place on a baking sheet and you can add an eggwash to the top. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 minutes. Remove and cool on a rack. When cooled use a serrated knife to cut each piece into 2 pieces.
- In a mixing bowl add the whipping cream, milk and the 2 boxes of pudding and mix with a handmixer until all is mixed and nice and thick.
- For the glaze mix the cocoa and hot coffee and add the icing sugar by spoon fulls until it makes a nice glaze when you dip a fork into it and it runs in a nice thin stream. Add a teaspoon of clear karo syrup.
- Start with the bottom of the puff pastry and add the pudding mix and layer it quite thick on all the bottom layers first so they are similar in height. Add the top layer of puff pastry. Dust with icing sugar and then drizzle with the chocolate glaze.