Recipe by CaliforniaJan
An easy to make green bundt cake...perfect for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day and delicious any time!!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a lovely, easy cake to make, although I must admit that it creates a very dense batter that cannot exactly be poured into the pan, but spooned in and patted evenly. Rather than use walnuts, I used pistachios, which worked out really well. This looked so Christmas-y, that I was thinking I might add some cranberries (not sure if fresh or dried) next time for a real holiday look! Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR Tag Game.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pistachio nut, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix and instant pudding. Add the sour cream, oil and eggs, mix well. The batter will be thick. Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. Combine the brown sugar, pistachios and cinnamon, sprinkle over the batter in the pan., being careful to keep filling from the edges as it might stick to the pan. Cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 15 minutes in pan before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely. When cake is cooled, dust with powdered sugar.