Recipe by KelBel
A summer salad with a unique twist on pesto. Created for RSC Summer 2005.
Top Review by Chef Kate
Excellent pesto-good flavor and texture--and prettu--the combination with the orzo and shrimp and feta worked very well. On a second try, I add some fruit to the salad and enjoyed it even more.
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, chilled
- 1 lb orzo pasta, cooked, chilled
- 4 ounces feta
- 1 cup chopped tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all pesto ingredients in food processor or blender except oil. Once ingredients are chopped together, drizzle in olive oil until blended.
- Mix shrimp, orzo, feta, and tomato together in large bowl.
- Toss with pesto. Serve chilled or at room temperature.