Recipe by Mercy
If you don't have an ice cream freezer, whip the heavy cream before mixing it in at the last, pour the mixture into a casserole-type pan and freeze it in the freezer (still-freeze method).
- 2 cups light cream
- 30 large marshmallows
- 1⁄4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachio nut
Directions See How It's Made
- In top of double boiler, combine light cream and marshmallows.
- Heat, while stirring, until the marshmallows melt and mixture is blended.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Add the food coloring, salt, almond and vanilla extracts, heavy cream and nuts.
- Mix well.
- Freeze according to the ice cream maker manufacturers instructions (makes 1/2 gallon).