Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so simple and gives a wonderful flavor to the carrots. I like my veggies a bit on the crisp side but cook them to your liking
- 4 cups carrots, steamed until tender but still a bit crisp
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, shelled & chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- Lightly brown the Pistachios in the oil/butter stir them while browning apprx 3-5 minutes Add remaining ingredients to the pan, stir well until heated through Toss with hot well drained carrots& Serve.
Oh yum, Bergy, these carrots are so good, we just couldn't get enough of them, these are better than candy!, I had pistachio nuts left over from Christmas in the freezer, otherwise I will mabey try cashews next time, I really think that this recipe would be just as good with any kind of nuts. I made these carrots to go with my brisket, (doubled the recipe)... and my family just went crazy over these. I will for sure be making these again, this is a winner...thanx Bergy for posting :-)
Wow, this is just soooooo good, Auntie Bergy! I love fresh carrots and just like you, I too enjoy my veggies a bit on the crisp side which is how I usually eat 'em. I really loved this recipe. I did add 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon instead of 1/8tsp. I did not have pistachios on hand, so I used cashewnuts as a substitute. Thank you for the recipe! Really love it:-)
This was a good side dish that also looks fancy! I was looking to use up some pistachios and this recipe sounded interesting. It was a nice change from boring old carrots, although, it is a little time consuming shelling all the pistachios!