Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Betty Crocker's Best Chicken Cookbook. Quick to prepare with a bright lemony flavor.
Make and share this Pistachio Lemon Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios, chopped
- lemon slice (optional)
- In an ungreased heavy skillet over medium-low heat, toast pistachios 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently until beginning to brown, then stirring constantly until golden brown.
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken, lemon juice and lemon peel in oil 10-15 minutes, turning chicken once and stirring juices occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve chicken topped with pan juices, nuts and garnish with lemon slices.
This was good but I couldn't really taste the pistachios
Made these chicken breasts for some unexpected company & they were a big hit! Everyone liked the taste of lemon & the nuts [I doubled the amount of nuts]! I served it with a brown rice & green pea mix! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe!
This was an excellent weeknight meal that was so easy to put together. I loved the combination of lemon and pistachios. The chicken was very moist and I loved the sauce, with the lemon zest. Yum! Thanks, Tasha Leah.