Recipe by SusieQusie
An easy to make dessert perfect for a St. Patrick's Day theme. In fact, that's where I first ate this dish; at a wearing-of-the-green potluck. Note - the ingredients are listed in order of prep - not the order of the layers.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
We enjoy both pistachios & kiwi fruit in this house, & this dessert was no different ~ MOST ENJOYABLE, & easy in the prep, too, which is nice! I did include another 2 kiwis, but other than that, followed the recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]
- 1⁄2 cup butter, very soft
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pistachios or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 8 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups whipped topping, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine crust ingredients and press firmly into the bottom of a 9 x 13" baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Combine pudding mix with milk, stirring till smooth. Set aside.
- Spread kiwi slices evenly over crust.
- Whip cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over kiwi layer.
- Spoon pudding evenly over cream cheese layer.
- Add another layer of whipped topping (piping is easiest)
- Chill until set. Cut into pieces & garnish with more kiwi slices.