Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great recipe with a lot of FAT, but it's a good way to treat family and friends. Can be prepared 3 to 4 days ahead of time and can be used almost for any occasion including the late night snack that we all crave in the warm summer days.
- Boil 2 cups of water add it to the bowl of pistachios and allow to blanch; drain the pistachios and rub them between a kitchen towel to peel off the skin.
- In a food processor blend together pistachios, milk eggs and sugar to form a thick paste.
- Cook over a double boiler whisking continuously till the custard thicken.
- Strain through a fine mesh.
- Fold in half the whipped cream a little at a time to make the custard nice and airy.
- For the biscotti beat together the sugar and butter till fluffy (in a machine or with hand blender with whisk attachment).
- Add one egg at a time to make a smooth mixture.
- Sift the flour and add slowly to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Make a smooth dough.
- At this point, make the dough into small balls (24) and roll out into cigar shapes 1/4 of a inch thick.
- Place onto a baking sheet and press with your hand and flatten; sprinkle with almond slivers.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely. Reduce oven temp to 275°F and bake again for 10 minutes till the cookie hardens. Allow to cool and store in a cool dry place in a air-tight container.
- Serve in a wine glass with 100 ml ice cream, 2 almond biscotti and a dollop of whipped cream on top.