2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
chef ashish damle's Note:
Great recipe with a lot of FAT, but it's a good way to treat family and friends. Can be prepared 3 to 4 days ahead of time and can be used almost for any occasion including the late night snack that we all crave in the warm summer days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 2 cups of water add it to the bowl of pistachios and allow to blanch; drain the pistachios and rub them between a kitchen towel to peel off the skin.
- 2In a food processor blend together pistachios, milk eggs and sugar to form a thick paste.
- 3Cook over a double boiler whisking continuously till the custard thicken.
- 4Strain through a fine mesh.
- 5Fold in half the whipped cream a little at a time to make the custard nice and airy.
- 7For the biscotti beat together the sugar and butter till fluffy (in a machine or with hand blender with whisk attachment).
- 8Add one egg at a time to make a smooth mixture.
- 9Sift the flour and add slowly to the egg and sugar mixture.
- 10Make a smooth dough.
- 11At this point, make the dough into small balls (24) and roll out into cigar shapes 1/4 of a inch thick.
- 12Place onto a baking sheet and press with your hand and flatten; sprinkle with almond slivers.
- 13Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Allow to cool completely. Reduce oven temp to 275°F and bake again for 10 minutes till the cookie hardens. Allow to cool and store in a cool dry place in a air-tight container.
- 14Serve in a wine glass with 100 ml ice cream, 2 almond biscotti and a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Ice Cream With Almond Biscotti and Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.9
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 188.9 mg
- Sodium 112.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of