3 hrs 20 mins
This recipe is in response to a request. It's an Emeril recipe from 2001.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely grind 1 cup of the pistachios and 1/2 cup of the sugar in a food processor, being careful not to turn the mixture into butter.
- 2Bring the milk and cream to a boil in heavy large saucepan.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Combine the egg yolks and remaining 1/2-cup sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- 5Gradually whisk 1 cup of the hot milk mixture into the eggs.
- 6Gradually add the egg mixture in a slow, steady stream into the hot cream in the saucepan.
- 7Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the custard thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon and reaches 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 6 minutes.
- 8Remove from the heat and strain into a large bowl.
- 9Add pistachio mixture and almond extract.
- 10Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down against the surface to keep a skin from forming, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 11Remove from the refrigerator and pour into the bowl of an ice cream machine.
- 12Freeze according to the manufacturers instructions.
- 13After the ice cream is made, transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.
- 14Garnish with whipped cream and toasted pistachios.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.9
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 300.7 mg
- Sodium 59.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 9.7 g