Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 mins
These are delicious little nibbles. I love their simplicity--they are quick to put together and can easily be made on the spur of the moment for an impromptu gathering, but can also be prepared up to a day ahead. The recipe is adapted from one published in "In Style" magazine. Prep time includes 15 minutes refrigeration time.
- 1⁄4 cup shelled salted pistachios (I used double this amount)
- 6 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- Toast nuts in small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes; chop finely.
- Combine goat cheese and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Drop mixture by heaping teaspoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Roll into balls, then roll in chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate, tightly covered, up to 1 day.
These are tangy, creamy, crunchy and delicious. I made them for a baby shower and since some were left over, I put them in a freezer bag and saved them. I melted them over some simple grilled chicken (1 per chicken piece) with a lemon & sundried tomato sauce -- it made a great quick dinner and it looked like I fussed for hours. These are not just for appetizers anymore!
Great finger food! I added chopped dried cranberries to mine. Delicious!
I've made this- but made one major yummy change: I started with seedless grapes, put the goat cheese (and cream cheese if desired) around the grapes, and then dusted it with the chopped pistachios!