Recipe by GaylaJ
These are delicious little nibbles. I love their simplicity--they are quick to put together and can easily be made on the spur of the moment for an impromptu gathering, but can also be prepared up to a day ahead. The recipe is adapted from one published in "In Style" magazine. Prep time includes 15 minutes refrigeration time.
Top Review by monicawf
These are tangy, creamy, crunchy and delicious. I made them for a baby shower and since some were left over, I put them in a freezer bag and saved them. I melted them over some simple grilled chicken (1 per chicken piece) with a lemon & sundried tomato sauce -- it made a great quick dinner and it looked like I fussed for hours. These are not just for appetizers anymore!
- 1⁄4 cup shelled salted pistachios (I used double this amount)
- 6 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast nuts in small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes; chop finely.
- Combine goat cheese and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Drop mixture by heaping teaspoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Roll into balls, then roll in chopped nuts.
- Refrigerate, tightly covered, up to 1 day.