Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found these in a Martha Stewart Magazine when planning my wedding...never made them but they look really good...Can be prepared a day ahead.
- 11 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 4 ounces pistachio nuts, coarsley chopped
- 48 baby spinach leaves, washed and dried (optional)
- Bring goat cheese to room temperature. Using your hands, roll forty-eight 1/2-inch balls, and place them on a piece of parchment paper. Shake the nuts in a fine mesh sieve to remove dust, then place in a small shallow bowl. roll each cheese ball in the nuts to coat evenly.
- To serve, arrange the spinach leave on a serving tray, and place each cheese ball on a leaf.
Elegant and really yummy! Great for when you're sharing a bottle of wine with friends. And since they are a little fiddly to make (but only three ingredients!), just fabulous that they can be made ahead. My friends wondered where I'd bought them, so I happily shared this simplest of recipes with them! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
1/2 inch balls, really? I made 12 that are closer to 1 inch in size which, for me, is a bit more realistic lol. How simple can you get! and whats not to love? Both goat cheese and pistachio's are high on my list so I was happy to find this. I rolled the cheese balls into salted chopped nuts and put them into the fridge for this evening. I did leave enough to make one sample for me. They are delicious and quite rich so a few will go a long way with guests. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.