Recipe by KlynnPadilla
Posted for ZWT 4 / Italy. Please let me know what you think; I can't wait to try this one (found online somewhere)! Cooking time includes overnight resting in the refrigerator.
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely grind pistachios in a food processor, and transfer them to a bowl.
- Place 3 cups of the milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from the heat when milk just begins to simmer.
- Combine remaining 1 cup of milk, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl, then stir into the hot milk. Return pan to medium heat and cook, stirring until mixture thickens, approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir the hot milk mixture into the bowl of pistachios. Allow to cool to room temperature, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing pistachios with the back of a spoon. Discard the pistachios and process the custard in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.