David Lebovitz's recipe. Posting here for safekeeping
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make a slurry by mixing the 1/4 cup of the milk with the cornstarch, mixing until the starch is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- 2Heat the rest of the milk in a medium-sized saucepan with the sugar.
- 3When it almost starts to boil, stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook at gentle simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Remove from heat, scrape into a bowl, and chill thoroughly, preferably overnight.
- 5Once chilled, whisk in the pistachio paste and just a few drops of citrus juice until smooth.
- 6Freeze the gelato in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Gelato
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 49.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: