1/1 Photo of Pistachio Gelato 1995 ( Italy)
Italian ice cream, softer in texture and more intense in natural flavours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely grind pistachios with 1/4 cup of the sugar in a food processor.
- 2Combine pistachios with milk, and extract in a heavy saucepot over medium heat.
- 3Bring to a low boil.
- 4Whisk in a bowl the yolks and the last 1/2 cup sugar.
- 5Gradually whisk the milk mixture into the yolk and sugar tempering.
- 6Return to saucepot over medium low heat.
- 7Stir until custard thickens slightly and leaves a path or ribbon drawn over back of spoon .
- 8This should take about 8 minutes.
- 9Do not boil.
- 10Remove from heat, whisk in the colouring.
- 11Refrigerate the custard until cold, or overnight.
- 12Process now in your ice cream machine according to the manufacturers directions.
- 13Transfer to a covered container when finished.
- 14Place in freezer.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Gelato 1995 ( Italy)
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.2
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 194.2 mg
- Sodium 51.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 36.9 g
- Protein 10.9 g