Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have only used Betty Croker brand cake mix, do not know how other brands will work. This torte is super yummy and easy to make.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxbetty crocker super moist fudge cake mix
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxpistachio instant pudding and pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- FOR CAKE:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix with eggs, oil and water as directed on box and add 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules.
- Pour cake batter into two greased and floured 9 inch round pans.
- Bake 24 to 29 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely.
- Split both cakes horizontally to make 4 layers.
- FOR FILLING:.
- In a medium bowl mix whipping cream, milk and dry pistachio pudding mix on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Place pudding mix in the refrigerator to set for about 10 minutes.
- Spread the pudding mix in thirds in between each layer except the top of the torte.
- FOR GLAZE:.
- In a saucepan put 1/2 cup whipping cream over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until the cream starts to bubble on the edge of the saucepan.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips; stir constantly until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract and corn syrup; let stand 10 minutes. Stir glaze.
- Spoon chocolate glaze over the top of the torte, allow some of the glaze to run down the size of the torte.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I too have used the recipe for many years now. I cut the recipe off the Betty Crocker cake mix. its is a Big hit when I make it....... 5 start