Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every time that I serve these snacks I get requests for the recipe, so I finally wrote it up to share. I make the balls bigger than the original recipe called for. For nutrition info, one serving is two balls. I don't recall where I found this recipe, if you know I will be happy to acknowledge the source.
- 1 cup roasted pistachios
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons creme de cassis
- Roast the pistachios in a preheated 250 degree oven in a single layer on a baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes, rolling the nuts every few minutes.
- Let the pistachios cool completely.
- Chop the pistachios using pulse mode of a food processor, until fine but not powdery.
- Divide pistachios in half and set aside.
- Dice apricots and dates then toss in a large bowl with the other dried fruits to make it easier to grind together uniformly.
- Put the dried fruits through a grinder using a medium grind.
- Combine 1/2 of the pistachios into the mixture.
- Add the orange juice and Cassis and combine by hand until evenly distributed.
- Shape the mixture into 1" balls and roll the balls in the remaining pistachios.