1/1 Photo of Pistachio Fruit Balls
Every time that I serve these snacks I get requests for the recipe, so I finally wrote it up to share. I make the balls bigger than the original recipe called for. For nutrition info, one serving is two balls. I don't recall where I found this recipe, if you know I will be happy to acknowledge the source.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast the pistachios in a preheated 250 degree oven in a single layer on a baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes, rolling the nuts every few minutes.
- 2Let the pistachios cool completely.
- 3Chop the pistachios using pulse mode of a food processor, until fine but not powdery.
- 4Divide pistachios in half and set aside.
- 5Dice apricots and dates then toss in a large bowl with the other dried fruits to make it easier to grind together uniformly.
- 6Put the dried fruits through a grinder using a medium grind.
- 7Combine 1/2 of the pistachios into the mixture.
- 8Add the orange juice and Cassis and combine by hand until evenly distributed.
- 9Shape the mixture into 1" balls and roll the balls in the remaining pistachios.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Fruit Balls
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 45.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
creme de cassis