Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pistachio pudding is a nice, light and sweet confection. I decided that this pudding could easily intermingle into a cake mix. The perfect topping for this cake is simple as well, frosting with added almond extract!
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package fat-free sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cake mix, pudding mix, egg whites, fresca, and water into a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for at least 2 minutes, allowing mix to incorperate.
- Grease muffin tin. Divide batter evenly in muffin tin, filling 2/3 full. Bake 30 minutes, or til cakes form cracks. Let cakes cool completely on wire rack.
- Add 1 teaspoon of almond extract at a time and stir to incorperate. Add enough to notice the flavor. Spread frosting evenly over cakes and then you can enjoy!
Mmmmm!! Light delicious flavor with the most beautiful pastel green color. Perfect for spring or Easter. My husband, the cake hater, ate a half dozen of these. The almond extract in the frosting is a great touch and good compliment to the flavors in the cake. The only thing I would recommend is to reduce the almond extract in the frosting to 2 teaspoons. It is strong stuff! Bravo, and thank you for a wonderful new treat in my recipe box!