Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pistachio nuts in a blanket of orange blossom hinted cookie batter topped with sesame seeds. These cookies have a slightly grainy texture due to the semolina.
- 1 cup ghee (vegetable or butter)
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached cane sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups fine semolina flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom water
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shelled unsalted pistachio nuts, halved
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Using a stand mixer by hand or a hand mixer, creme ghee and sugar till well blended.
- Add vanilla and baking powder while mixer is still on.
- Add semolina flour and blend until fully incorporated.
- Add white flour and do the same on slow speed. If doing by hand, stir the mixture starting slowly and gradually increasing speed.
- Stir in orange blossom water and egg. At this time the mixture will appear thin but do not be concerned it needs to be wet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet place place 4-6 pistachio halves
- Using a melon baller, make a ball of cookie dough and roll the top in sesame seed.
- Place on top of the 4 pistachio nuts.
- Bake until the cookie is golden brown about 10-14 minutes.
- Cool and remove from cookie sheet. Enjoy!