Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These time saving fish cakes get a rich buttery crunch from ground pistachio nuts.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup coarsely ground pistachios
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- lime wedge (for garnish)
- In a large non-stick skillet, bring 4 cups water to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add fillets and poach, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mustard, lime peel, salt, and pepper.
- Shred salmon with two forks, fold into bread crumb mixture.
- Shape into 8 patties, and coat both sides with pistachios.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook patties in oil in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Never thought very seriously before about making salmon cakes, but with the Dijon mustard, lime & pistachios, this recipe was appealing! Made as given, these were very tasty & make for a nice change of pace for the usual salmon that we have! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]