Dona England's Note:
This recipe is from Sara Moulton, Food TV. You can use fresh leftover salmon or canned salmon. I used 3 small cans of salmon to make 2.5 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mediam bowl, combine salmon, bread crumbs, mustard, zest, salt and pepper.
- 2Stir in egg until just combined.
- 3Form the salmon mixture into 8 - 10 cakes.
- 4Put the ground nuts on a plate.
- 5Gently press each side of the cake into the nuts.
- 6Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- 7Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- 8Working in batches, cook the cakes, turning one, until well browns and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- 9Transfer cake to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- 10Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.6
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 158.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: