Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Sara Moulton, Food TV. You can use fresh leftover salmon or canned salmon. I used 3 small cans of salmon to make 2.5 cups.
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked salmon
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup coarse ground pistachio nut
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- In a mediam bowl, combine salmon, bread crumbs, mustard, zest, salt and pepper.
- Stir in egg until just combined.
- Form the salmon mixture into 8 - 10 cakes.
- Put the ground nuts on a plate.
- Gently press each side of the cake into the nuts.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Working in batches, cook the cakes, turning one, until well browns and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer cake to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve with lime wedges.