Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another lovely way to cook a lovely fish! You can use different nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds etc. You may also use a different fish such as Chilean Sea Bass, Trout etc. Seafood Magic is a seasoning by Chef Paul Prudhomme. Get his seasonings if you can find them - they are to die for! You may sub Old Bay instead but it wont have the same flavor, though still fantastic!
- 2 (6 -8 ounce) salmon steaks
- 2 -3 teaspoons seafood, magic seasoning blend
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, shelled
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Generously sprinkle both sides of salmon with Seafood Magic (about 2-3 teaspoons total).
- Put pistachios and olive oil in a food processor and grind.
- Evenly distribute the crushed nuts on both sides of the salmon, pressing in with your fingers.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and add the juice of 1/2 a lemon.
- Add salmon steaks to the skillet over medium heat, cooking each side for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and keep covered in the skillet until ready to serve.
- Season the salmon steaks with the juice of the other 1/2 of lemon.
I didn't have seafood magic seasoning blend so I made this Seafood Seasoning Mix. It turned out great. I used trout fillets. It's not really easy to flip the trouts without losing the pistachios. Since the fillets had skin, I put the pistachios on only the side without skin. It's delicious and special. Thanks Suzy :) Made for PAC Spring 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0