Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I really really like these. Serve with a salad for a light dinner.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 3⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3⁄4 cup pistachio nuts or 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel (about 2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 ounces soft spinach artichoke goat cheese spread or 4 ounces olive tapenade
- 1⁄2 of 24-inch-long baguette, diagonally sliced and lightly toasted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place parsley and nuts in blender or food processor container. Cover and blend or process just until crumbly, but not paste like. Transfer mixture to an 18-inch-long piece of waxed paper. Add lemon peel and salt; lightly mix until combined.
- Place lemon juice in pie plate. Dip pork tenderloin in juice; coat in nut mixture using waxed paper to firmly press nut mixture on pork.
- Place pork on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast in heated oven for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature is 155 degrees F. Cool pork on rack for 20 minutes. Loosely cover with foil and chill for several hours or overnight.
- To serve, carve pork into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Lightly spread baguette slices with cheese or tapenade. Place pork on top.