Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Rachael Ray. Haven't tried yet, but sounded great.
Make and share this Pistachio Crusted Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, shelled and finely ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 pork chops, one inch thick
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine nuts, lemon peel, garlic, bread crumbs and salt in shallow bowl.
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Dip each chop in egg then nut mixture and transfer to baking pan.
- In large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chops and cook about two minutes per side until golden.
- Return to baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
Kinda in the middle for me, I thought it was nice, but not aqnything special. Maybe because I wasn't really very hungry. Not so bad that I won't make it again :-) Recipenapped for the AUS/NZ Swap 34 November 2009.
These chops were yummy thnks Vicki. I do fish fillets in a similar coating and we really enjoy it. Lucky I made a last minute check of the recipe as I lamost forgot the lemon peel which I think is a really important part of the recipe.