Recipe by Wish I Could Cook
From Vegetarian Times magazine January/February 2012 p.34. These are quick to prepare but beautiful and delicious. Pairs wonderfully with a rice pilaf.
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 medium eggplants (1lb)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Blend pistachios in blender or food processor until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and garlic to blender or food processor (no need to rinse), and purée until smooth.
- Spray 1 side of each eggplant slice with cooking spray, and place sprayed-side down on baking sheet. Spread 2 Tbs. sun-dried tomato mixture on each eggplant slice, and sprinkle with 1 Tbs. ground pistachios. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until eggplant is tender and pistachio topping is browned and crispy.