Cook1 hr 10 mins
A plump juicy game hen crusted with pistachios and parmesan cheese. I like to stuff mine with Stovetop sourdough bread stuffing as well. I've noticed that when stuffed, the birds stay much more moist.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor crush pistachios until crumb-like.
- Mix grated parmesan cheese and pistachios in a small bowl.
- In an 8 x 8 casserole dish baste the game hen with the melted butter.
- Pat the pistachio mixture onto the bird, covering entirely.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hr 10 minutes.
- Internal temperature of bird should be 175-180°F.