- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup natural california pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisins or 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/4 cup chopped pistachios with 2 tablespoons (packed) brown sugar. Set Aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, sugar, oats, pistachios, raisins, baking powder, orange peel and salt in bowl, stirring with spoon until well blended.
- Add milk, applesauce, oil and egg all at once. Stir lightly just to mix. Don't over mix or texture will suffer.
- Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Spoon on topping.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown, turning pan around after 15 minutes for most even browning. Cool 5 minutes then remove from pan and cool on wire rack.