Recipe by FruityBev
When my friends sister moved in with us, she always was craving a ravioli in a pistachio cream sauce (her favorite from a restaurant where she lived). A few trial runs later she's has a new favorite!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted pistachio nuts, ground coarsely
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium sauté pan.
- Sauté Onions until Translucent (not caramelized).
- Add pistachios and enough olive oil to lightly coat.
- Cook for about a minute, the pistachios should not change color.
- Add cream until heated throughout.
- Remove from heat.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Serve over pasta of choice.
- Top with grated cheese.