Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this pasta dish, as pistachios are my favorite nut. I help my mom with all of the toppings, and we toss it together just before dinner. Everyone we have ever served it to has raved about how tasty and simple the recipe is.
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked
- 1 cup fresh spinach, torn in bite size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, chopped
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter.
- Add cream and basil and heat through.
- Pour sauce over hot pasta and mix thoroughly.
- Add spinach, Parmesan and Swiss cheeses, pistachios.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss to mix well.
Tagged this recipe more for my other half than anything else, what with the mushrooms & spinach in it, 2 ingredients I'm not too fond of, especially if they're cooked! So, I sauteed the mushrooms just until they started to soften, & was happy that the spinach was raw! Made for a very nice tasting pasta dish that we both thoroughly enjoyed! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
This is SOOOO delicious! Made it the first time for a vegetarian gathering and everyone loved it! It can be a side dish but we like it so much we eat just this and a salad. I have also made it with frozen spinach which works when you're in a hurry also. 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!!