Recipe by Pets'R'us
This is from Taste of Home. I made it making several substitutions because I cannot buy all the listed ingredients in The Netherlands, so when you read 'or' that is what I used. Freezing time not included.
Top Review by diner524
This was very easy and a nice green color for St. Paddy's day dessert. Unfortunately it wasn't a hit with my family, but it was for me, just there personal taste to the pistachio flavor. Thanks for a festive holiday dessert!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs (or grahm cracker crumbs)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed (or whipped cream)
- 2 Heath candy bars, crushed (1.4 ounces each)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-safe 8-in. square dish, melt butter. Stir in cracker crumbs; press mixture onto bottom of dish.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in the ice cream, pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed candy bars.
- Return to the freezer until firm, but remove from the freezer approx 10 minutes before serving.