1 hr 5 mins
This is very rich!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs deboned dark chicken meat
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, cut into vertical strips
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup roasted pistachio nut
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1Cut the chicken meat into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- 2In a small cereal bowl put the ground coriander, turmeric, cayenne and salt.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a large nonstick frying pan put the oil and onions and stir-fry over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Move the onions to the side of the frying pan and add the garlic.
- 6Stir-fry the garlic for about 30-45 seconds, and then incorporate the garlic into the fried onions.
- 7Add the chicken meat and stir-fry until many of the chicken pieces have brown spots, about 10 minutes.
- 8Add the cereal bowl with the spices and once it is incorporated into the chicken mixture add the water, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, put the pistachio nuts into a food processor and process as much as possible without letting the nuts get pasty.
- 10Next, in batches, put these nuts into a spice grinder and powder.
- 11Set the powdered nuts aside.
- 12When the chicken is done cooking, turn off the heat and stir in the powdered pistachio nuts, mixing well.
- 13Add the heavy cream and garam masala. Stir until everything is well blended.
- 14Check to see if more salt or water is needed.
- 15You could probably substitute almonds or cashews for the pistachio nuts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Cream Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 459.1
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 136.1 mg
- Sodium 542.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 33.6 g