Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Cream together: butter, margarine, granulated white sugar and brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla and almond extracts. Beat well.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat until all are incorporated.
- Stir in the nuts and dried cranberries.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured board - divide in two equal parts.
- Form each half into a square shaped log, about 9" in length. Freeze until hard. Wrap in plastic film until required.
- TO BAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove frozen dough from freezer and slice with a sharp knife into 1/4" slices. Bake on a shiny cookie sheet for 12 to 14 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.