Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Everyday Food, published in the Dec. 2008 issue. This festive looking log is easy to make, although you will need to plan ahead of time because there is a chilling factor to keep in mind....Cooking time equals chilling time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 cup unsalted shelled pistachio, coarsely chopped
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Dijon and Worcestershire until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until slightly firm about 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile in a medium skillet toast pistachios over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant and golden, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let cool.
- Transfer cheese mixture to a piece of waxed paper, using paper guide the to shape a log about 6 inches long. Cover with pistachios, pressing to adhere. Wrap log in a fresh piece of waxed paper; chill until firm 1 to 2 hours (or up to a day). Serve with crackers.