Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for ZWT6 - NA*ME region - Morocco. Adjusted this slightly in that I think adding some chicken broth in place of just water would give this a better depth of flavor. To make it vegetarian use a vegetable broth in place of the chicken for the same boost to the flavor of the couscous.
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios, shelled
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth (or use vegetable broth)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F On a baking sheet using the middle rack of the oven toast pistachios in one layer until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled, coarsely chop. You do want them very coarse so the texture is prevalent in the couscous.
- In a 3-quart saucepan bring broth and salt to a boil. Stir in the box of couscous and let stand, covered, off heat 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and transfer to a bowl. Stir in pistachios, mint, oil, and lemon juice and season with pepper.
Nice and simple...great flavors. Made for ZWT 6 and the Looney Spoon Phoodies.
OMG this is so simple but so yummy. Each bite I was almost saying wow! LOL The taste of the toasted pistachios in it is great and makes this dish so original. Same thing for the mint. I used fresh mint from my garden probably just 1/8 cup. I used low sodium chicken broth. It gave a great taste. And I used no salt. Thanks Melissa :) Made for the Zwizzle Chicks of ZWT