Quick and easy to make, I split into 2 and left one frozen for later!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the dough: Place butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer; beat on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- 2Add egg and vanilla; beat 1 minute.
- 3Slowly add flour, beating on medium speed until a stiff dough forms.
- 4Roll out dough on floured surface to a rectangle 3/8-imch thick; wrap in plastic.
- 5Freeze until firm, 15 minutes.
- 6For filling: Place pistachios and sugar in a food processor; process until powdery.
- 7Add egg yolks and 1 Tbs water; process to a smooth paste.
- 8Remove dough from freezer; unwrap.
- 9For the wash: Beat egg with 1 teaspoon water; brush over top of dough.
- 10Press pistachio paste over dough.
- 11Roll dough and filling into a log; wrap tightly in plastic wrap, foil, or parchment paper.
- 12Freeze until very firm 1 hour or overnight.
- 13Heat oven to 350°F.
- 14Remove dough from freezer; unwrap.
- 15Slice rolled dough into 3/8-inch thick slices.
- 16Bake on cookie sheet until edges are golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (924 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 7.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g