Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe was published in "Treasury of Holiday Cookies", one of those cook booklets you get at the grocery. It caught my attention due to the pistachio farm that we frequent in NM. They sell wonderful pistachio cookies. I haven't made this as yet, but plan to for the holidays. The recipe in the book calls for ¼ cup freshly ground nutmeg; however, I felt that might be a tad overpowering. I did adjust the nutmeg to ¼ to ½ teaspoon. Feel free to use more if needed.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pistachio nut, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar together; add baking powder and nutmeg and mix well with electric mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour just until moist; fold in nuts taking care to not over mix.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or damp cloth and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, flatten slightly with bottom of small glass.
- Place 4 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely and enjoy.