Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This yummy coffee cake starts with a yellow cake mix and is topped with a mixture of sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxduncan hines golden butter recipe cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Mix together first five ingredients in large bowl and beat well.
- Mix together last three ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a greased and floured bundt cake pan pour 1/3 batter, then 1/3 nut mixture.
- Repeat ending with nut mixture on top of batter.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350°, but check with toothpick at 50 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing from pan.
You will love this recipe, fast & easy to make. I usually use Duncan Hines yellow cake mix & Jello brand pistachio pudding. I use walnuts instead of pecans as they are cheaper. It is moist & has such a great flavor. Friends, family & co-workers beg for more! Best part is no one knows it is made from a cake mix. Happy baking & eating. " The Famous Redqueen"
It doesn't taste like Pistachio. Good though. Moist.
I tried this recipe and it is delicious. It's moist and tasty. I love cinn. and nuts so I make this every St. Patricks Day because the cake has a green tint to it and everyone loves it. .