Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's a new twist on the traditional chicken salad recipe that will impress even the pickiest of eaters. In this recipe, cinnamon and pistachios are used to healthfully brighten up the dish, while adding fragrance and flavor. Serve this chicken salad as an afternoon snack with whole grain crackers or sliced vegetables; or for lunch atop a bed of mixed greens and whole grain bread. Greek plain yogurt is used instead of mayonnaise to cut the fat and add a bit more protein and flavor to each bite!
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 354.88 ml plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 118.29 ml pistachios, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml fresh lime juice
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1.23 ml sea salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Cook chicken breasts your favorite way, usually I poach mine. Shred cooked chicken breast using a fork; place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; gently toss to combine. Transfer to serving bowls. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Sprinkle with additional scallions.