Recipe by spatchcock
I have not tried this recipe yet, but plan to soon, as I have a huge bag of pistachios to use up.
Top Review by mtnmel
I've been making this recipe for years! Always double it (9x13" pan) for they go so quickly. Nice presentation, great for holidays or just because. My favorite combination is blackberry jam or raspberry with approx 3/4 cup raspberries on top of jam before putting the second layer on.
A definite must try recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb butter or 1⁄2 lb margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup raspberry jam or 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup strawberry jam
- 2⁄3 cup pistachios, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F Combine butter, sugar and egg; beat until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Spread one-half of dough into 9 inch square pan.
- Bake 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- Spread jam to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Add pistachios to remaining dough.
- Drop by spoonfuls over jam to cover.
- Bake 35 minutes until top is golden brown; cool.
- Cut into squares.