Recipe by mtnmel
I've been making these for over 20 years. A must have on my cookie platter every Christmas for they're a family favorite (and great any time of year). Very easy to make, colorful and tasty. People will think you've work very hard in the kitchen (we'll never tell). This recipe can easily be doubled (which I always do), and baked cookies freeze very well.
- 1⁄2 lb butter (I use butter) or 1⁄2 lb margarine (I use butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup raspberry preserves (apricot or marmalade can also be used) or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup strawberry jam (apricot or marmalade can also be used)
- 1 cup chopped shelled natural pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, sugar and egg; beat until thoroughly blended. Stir in flour until incorporated. Add chopped pistachios.
- Spread 1/2 dough into 9 inch square pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spread jam to within 1/2 inch of edge. Drop remaining dough by spoonfuls over jam to cover.
- Don't worry if there are spaces, dough will spread.
- Bake 25-35 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Cool then cut.