Recipe by Wendelina
A shaped pistachio cookie dipped in chocolate. Taken from the Holiday Cookies book.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups finely chopped salted pistachios
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Line cookie sheets with parchment. Combine flour, 1 1/2 c pistachios, powered sugar and salt in a bowl; mix well.
- Beat 1 c butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add flour mixture; beat until light dough forms. Beat in mini chocolate chips just until blended. Roll 1 1/2 tsp dough into 2 1/2 in ropes; bend into crescent shapes. Arrange 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300. Bake cookies 10 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Cool 1 minute then remove from pan to cool completely.
- In a deep bowl, combine semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 c butter. Microwave on low for 1 minute. Stir and repeat until chocolate is smooth. Spread remaining pistachios on a piece of foil. Dip one end of cookie into chocolate and then roll in nuts. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.