Recipe by Caryn
A simple cake mix tube cake.
Top Review by Marilyn in Galveston Katz
You will not be disappointed with this cake. I made it for my son's birthday by special request, after searching for a "Pistachio" Cake recipe for longer than I can say. Thank you Caryn for sharing this great recipe!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml vanilla or 2.46 ml almond extract
- 170.09 g package miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- chocolate sprinkles (ice-cream sprinkles)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Blend cake mix (dry), pudding (dry), eggs, sour cream, oil, and extract in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until moistened, about 1/2 minute.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, 3 minutes.
- Toss chocolate chips with a little bit of flour (to help suspend them in the batter).
- Fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Sprinkle top of batter with chocolate jimmies.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; inverted on wire rack.
- Remove pan; cool completely.