Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simple cake mix tube cake.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (6 ounce) package miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- chocolate sprinkles (ice-cream sprinkles)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Blend cake mix (dry), pudding (dry), eggs, sour cream, oil, and extract in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until moistened, about 1/2 minute.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, 3 minutes.
- Toss chocolate chips with a little bit of flour (to help suspend them in the batter).
- Fold chocolate chips into batter.
- Sprinkle top of batter with chocolate jimmies.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; inverted on wire rack.
- Remove pan; cool completely.
You will not be disappointed with this cake. I made it for my son's birthday by special request, after searching for a "Pistachio" Cake recipe for longer than I can say. Thank you Caryn for sharing this great recipe!
This cake was very good and moist. Didn't change the recipe at all. Thanks for sharing.
YUMM, this was really good! I did exactly as said, except I didnt have a tube pan, so I used a 9x13 and it was fine! The chocolate chips definatly add a great flavor to it! thanks for sharing :)