Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies look very festive at Christmas time if you use red candied cherries. I also substitute plain holiday m&m's (broken into pieces) for the chocolate chips. If you use the green candied cherries they might look nice for St.Patrick's day.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 15 green glazed cherries or 15 candied red cherries, cut in half
- Beat butter and pudding mix for 30 seconds.
- Beat in egg until combined.
- Add flour and soda and mix.
- Stir in food coloring and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful 2" apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Press cherry half into top center of each cookie.
- Bake in a 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
These look SO festive! This is the perfect addition to a Christmas goodies tray -- it doesn't make very many (I got exactly 30, just as the recipe states), is fast to whip up, and has the bonus of being both attractive and tasty! I did not use the food colouring; it's not necessary as the green colour is quite pronounced from the pudding mix. I also used both green and red candied cherries, and think both look wonderful. This recipe is a real keeper!
I used regular m&m's and they looked quite festive. I would have preferred a more pistachio taste, but thats just me! :)