Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
This delicious mouth watering recipe is from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor of India. Its wonderful in the cold chilly winters. I hope you enjoy this!
- 500 g boneless chicken, washed,trimmed and cut into one and half inch sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, soaked in 1 cup of hot water for 10 minutes,then drained and peeled
- 2 large onions, peeled,washed,quartered and boiled in 1 cup of water
- 1 inch ginger, peeled,washed and ground to a fine paste
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt, beaten
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and ground to a fine paste
- 4 green chilies, washed,stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Drain the boiled onions, cool lightly and then grind to a fine paste.
- Reserve a few peeled pistachios for garnish and grind the remaining with the chopped green chillies to a fine paste, adding a little water as you do so.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the boiled onion paste and saute for 4 minutes or till the oil begins to separate.
- Ensure that the colour of the onion does not turn to brown.
- Add ginger and garlic pastes.
- Stir-fry briefly or until the raw smell of the same is gone.
- Add corriander and white pepper powders and salt to taste.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the pistachio-green chilli paste and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken pieces and saute for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add 1 cup of water and simmer for 4-5 minutes or till the chicken is completely cooked.
- Stir in yogurt and continue to simmer for 2 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Stir in fresh cream.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and serve hot with naan!