1 hr 20 mins
This delicious mouth watering recipe is from Chef Sanjeev Kapoor of India. Its wonderful in the cold chilly winters. I hope you enjoy this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g boneless chicken, washed,trimmed and cut into one and half inch sized pieces
- 1/2 cup pistachios, soaked in 1 cup of hot water for 10 minutes,then drained and peeled
- 2 large onions, peeled,washed,quartered and boiled in 1 cup of water
- 1 inch ginger, peeled,washed and ground to a fine paste
- 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt, beaten
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and ground to a fine paste
- 4 green chilies, washed,stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1Drain the boiled onions, cool lightly and then grind to a fine paste.
- 2Reserve a few peeled pistachios for garnish and grind the remaining with the chopped green chillies to a fine paste, adding a little water as you do so.
- 3Heat oil in a pan.
- 4Add the boiled onion paste and saute for 4 minutes or till the oil begins to separate.
- 5Ensure that the colour of the onion does not turn to brown.
- 6Add ginger and garlic pastes.
- 7Stir-fry briefly or until the raw smell of the same is gone.
- 8Add corriander and white pepper powders and salt to taste.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Stir in the pistachio-green chilli paste and cook for a minute.
- 11Add chicken pieces and saute for 2 minutes.
- 12Reduce heat, add 1 cup of water and simmer for 4-5 minutes or till the chicken is completely cooked.
- 13Stir in yogurt and continue to simmer for 2 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- 14Stir in fresh cream.
- 15Sprinkle garam masala powder and serve hot with naan!
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Chicken From India
Serving Size: 1 (681 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1304.0
- Calories from Fat 909
- Total Fat 101.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 270.4 mg
- Sodium 260.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 61.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: