Recipe by Chef 313014
I tried this a few days ago and thought it was quite good. I hope you think so too!
Top Review by nikkidennis
Calling this a "cheesecake" is completely misleading. Yes, there is cream cheese in it but that's about it. It is more like a shortbread bottom with pistachio instant pudding on top. I wouldn't waste the time or ingredients again.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 serving size pkg instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- For bottom layer: Preheat oven to 350°F Mix flour, butter and sugar until crumbly.
- Spread evenly over bottom of ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Press firmly. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Cheesecake layer: In medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and icing sugar.
- In small bowl, combine milk and instant pudding. Beat pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture, until well mixed.
- Spoon over base. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Cut into small squares and top with whipped cream.