Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
So simple and refreshing.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup Sprite
- 2 (1 ounce) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip
- Blend cake mix, eggs, oil, sprite ( I use 7-Up) and one box of pudding mix. Beat with a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake 350 for 35-45 minutes. Cool completely.
- For frosting, stir one box of pudding mix with milk, then fold in cool whip.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Keep refrigerated.
I made a different frosting for this cake. But it reminds me of a cake my grandma used to make for my birthday.
Good cake but the 1 cup of oil really seemed excessive. I made this in a bundt pan instead of a 9x13. 40 minutes and the cake came out perfectly baked. The crust of the cake comes out crunchy and the inside has a moist crumb. It is very rich and we can only eat a very small piece at a time. Interesting combo's. Thanks my PAC kid for sharing this recipe!
This cake is SO good. My mom has made this for years, except her recipe called for club soda instead of Sprite. I'd think the Sprite would kick it up a notch. Extra moist cake...I highly recommend it!